Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Iron Queen

The Iron Queen- Julie Kagawa


Synopsis:
My name is Meghan Chase.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back.


______________
My thoughts:
Seeing as how all the books in Kagawa’s Iron Fey series are epically awesome, I had absolutely no doubt that the latest edition; The Iron Queen would follow in their footsteps. And, (pardon my totally weird expression) by golly, it did!
  If you’re a reader of the series, there is no way you cannot love the characters. They are so alluring, fresh, and real in their own ways, that it’s sometimes uncanny how much a person (um, me) can relate to them.
  Another thing that I really can’t get over: the Fey Realms in the books are so beautifully described that, even hours after setting the book down or aside, I had images in my mind and words floating around. I just wanted to know what was going to happen! Sometimes, I had to get out of bed at two a.m. just to finish another chapter (if that’s not how you know a book is good, I don’t know what the heck is).
  Julie Kagawa does a very nice job at describing things (um, I just said that, but I’m not done!) you could, probably, describe a fictional character in a hundred different ways. Each author probably has their own personal ways, and I must say that I love Julie’s voice! I like how she gives such detailed information. Normally, I might say that this was unnecessary information, but when an author creates their own ‘book world’ it is really crucial to describe things.
  Now that I’m done raving on the author, let me get to the characters: Meghan is so real, not just while reading, but even now, weeks after finishing the book, I’m sitting here thinking about what she’s doing. Is she chillin’ with Grimalkin or running the heck away from knights of the Winter court? Either way, I’m thinking about her (is that weird…?).
  Ash. Aw, Ash. I could probably use a hundred different of my own ways to describe him for you, but I will allow you, the reader (you’d better be one!), to get your own opinions. Suffice to say: I love that dude. He’s so cold, hot, and awesome… (Okay, I’m freaking myself out here, sorry!)
  The ending made me cry, but that’s a totally good thing! For like, ONCE in my life I didn’t see it coming. Normally, I would be all “Damn. I totally saw that coming. PLEASE tell me that the next book will have some inkling of surprise…” And hey, you have totally weird and well described little twerps running around, a freakin’ hot romance, and um, hello a seriously hilarious cat who randomly disappears at the most vital moments. What the hell more could you ask for?!
  Can we all please take a moment to gaze fondly at the cover? SO beautiful (but maybe I’m biased…I just really like vine-y and flower-y things! Add those to a cover, and it gets my vote each time).
  Totally looking forward to the next book, THE IRON KNIGHT, because come on, as if I’m going to stop now! (You can bet your you-know-what that I’ll be at Borders the second it comes out.) Thank you thank you thank you, Julie Kagawa, for writing such a spellbinding and awesome book! (*5/5 stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...