Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Hidden

The Hidden - Jessica Verday
Releases: September 6, 2011

Synopsis:
A love that knows no bounds.
  Abbey knows that Caspian is her destiny. Theirs is a bond that transcends even death. But as Abbey finally learns the full truth about the dark fate that links her to Caspian and ties them both to the town of Sleepy Hollow, she suddenly has some very hard choices to make. Caspian may be the love of her life, but is that love worth dying for?
  Beautifully spun, emotionally gripping, and irresistibly romantic, The Hidden will leave you breathless.

__________________
My thoughts;
A fateful reader such as myself is always sad to see a series end.
  The Hollow trilogy is no exception.
  The Hidden starts right where The Haunted left off, answering some questions that we all had at the end of the second book, but leaving most unanswered until much further into the book.
  As with every end to nearly every series, this book clears a lot of those wondering questions up. I felt satisfied with the answers given, and loved this book as much as I loved the other two.
  Very little complaints coming out of my thoughts. Except...the ending. I did not like the ending, I actually thought that it was...stupid. The way Jessica Verday chose to plan out this book left me kind of angry. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but the last two chapters just angered me. Now, nearly over a week since reading the book, I understand and accept the ending the author chose, and I realize it was for the best. Probably. Maybe.
  Abbey and Caspian were still so cute together, but Abbey was a little annoying throughout the entire book. Oh, and without spoiling it (hopefully), but when November 1st came around (if you read the series you know what I'm referring to) I was smiling throughout. Loved those chapters with a corporeal Caspian!
  The writing was still on par with the other books, as well. I like Jessica's writing style; she's down to the point without being vague and doesn't really have too much of that annoying "memory" crap that all other authors have. C'mon, if you've read the other books, do you really need an author to recap the entire previous book's contents in 10-pages-or-less? I'm glad Jessica Verday didn't do any of that.
  Listen (or read...whatever) to the description given. It's much better than this review, anyways. The book was beautifully woven and emotionally enthralling. Oh, and that irresistible romance mentioned? Definitely there. I wish I had my own Caspian. Without all those choices about life/death. That would suck.
  Oh, and the cover is gorgeous! Why though the first book featured a girl and the other two inanimate objects confuses me, but I love it all the same! Can't wait to read more by this author, since this series closed so nicely. 5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...