Thursday, August 25, 2011

Booking Through Thursday (2)

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Deb that anyone can participate in! Click the image to be directed to the page.

This week's question:
"When is the last time you read a history book? Historical biography? You know, something that took place in the past but was REAL."

I love history. In fact, it's one of my best subjects in school aside from English. But, I'm one of those people who reads history out of necessity. Since historical-fiction isn't real, I can't say that I read history-related texts too often. The last time I remember reading a history book, that wasn't for school, was a book that focused on the 1920s--true, I had gotten the book to flip through for a project in school, but then I did this strange thing: I read the entire book. I didn't need to, for I only needed facts to summarize, but I was just so interested in the topics, the fashions, and the way people were, that I read a non-fiction, history book. Weird, right?

Leave your links in reply, or simply answer the question.

5 comments:

  1. Great answer! That book makes the twenty's sound intriguing, I really need to check it out!

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fashions of the roaring 20's were something!
    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some very well-researched HFs out there! A very short list is in my answer.
    Here is my answer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the best kind of non fic to find. the kind that grabs you and won't let go. Plus, the 20s just sounded interesting huh.

    Here's Mine: House Millar - BTT

    Aine

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...