Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Bloodlines - Richelle Mead

Synopsis:
The first book in Richelle Mead's brand-new teen fiction series - set in the same world as Vampire Academy.

When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.



___________________________
My thoughts:

I. Loved. This. Book.
  No. I'm serious. And I may be struck down with lightning, or heck, maybe you'll kill me yourself but I...kind of liked Bloodlines better than VA. I know, I know! VA is my ultimate-love series. I love it so much, all of my books have cracks in their spines from my loving care (or lack thereof). But Bloodlines is just...better, because we've already learned all the boring vamp-politics and rules crap in VA, so Bloodlines can have an actual storyline and awesome chapters!
  Bloodlines follows Sydney, an Alchemist we meet for the first time in Mead's Blood Promise (correct me if I'm wrong). She's funny, and you know why? Because she isn't trying to be. Characters who don't try to be funny, or, really, authors who write the characters not trying to be funny, always are funny. Sydney, in this case, is just really kind of naive when it comes to the world, so she's learning, and it's funny.
  I'm not an Adrian fan. I disliked him in the VA series because he was distracting Rose from Dimitri. But in Bloodlines, I love him. He's hilariously awesome, and I think that Mead did a good thing deciding on using him as a male-lead. He deserves some face-time. And he deserves a better ending than Rose gave him.
  Note: I realized while reading Bloodlines that Rose is a cheating-whore. But I ignored this while reading VA because of my never ending love for Rose/Dimitri. I dislike Rose a little bit now. I still love Dimitri, though. Sorry, Rose.
  I liked the book, but I have a question that won't leave me the heck alone: If Jill is a Morori, why the heck don't guardians protect her? Why is an Alchemist even needed? Maybe this is explained, and maybe it makes sense to someone, but I re-read the first chapter like, three times and I still can't find the logic. Logic is needed, please, enlighten me!
  I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's keep this decent by saying you should read it, because it rocks, and because Richelle Mead is a genius, and because Adrian rocks, and because Sydney rocks, and because I'm telling you so and because I'm tired of writing a review when I'd much rather be reading more books.
  Note: Bloodlines is a spin-off from Richelle Mead's Vamprire Academy Series (the same world, secondary-characters-turned-lead and confusing vamp-politics) and while it is not required reading, this novel would make more sense if you've read that series. Just saying. Oh, and also, by having read the previous series, when characters make a cameo appearance, you can squeal in delight. And the ending will make your mind spin, and your eyes pop out of your head while straining to find more words where there aren't none. (Please, for the sake of my eyes, release the sequel already!) 5/5 stars.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...