Thursday, September 8, 2011

Book Haul

I finally got to Borders tonight, and whew! It was so BARE! There were books, yeah, but a lot of them were really old or non-fiction. I even saw two books missing covers, and one with the cover torn clear off! Now, who would do that to a brand-new book?!
  Surprisingly, the "most stocked" YA novels were Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead, and all of the Twilight novels, by Stephenie Meyer.
  Nearly all of the YA books were gone, aside from fifty copies of some really weird looking Borders Exclusive novel. There had to be at least 100 manga novels scattered around the place--it was a mess!
  I only spent a little over twenty bucks, and got 11 novels. (I remember one time getting FIVE books for around fifty bucks (more like sixty)--this is a huge out-of-business-sale going on!) And, despite all the ones I saw, I only purchased ONE book I've already read (and only because it was like my favorite adult fantasy novel, like, ever).
  Anyhow, here are the lists! (I really need to find room for my books, so I'm not linking the titles right now. Sorry!!)

In YA:
Love on the Lifts - Rachel Hawthorne
The Miles Between - Mary E. Pearson
Almost Final Curtain - Tate Hallaway
The Education of Hailey Kendrick - Eileen Cook
Beauty Queens - Libba Bray

& in adult:
Under Wraps - Hannah Jayne
Warrior - Marie Brennan
Tethered - Amy MacKinnon
The Mistress's Revenge - Tamar Cohen
Nocturne - Syrie James
Bloodshot - Cherie Priest (which is the one I've read)

Now, I have to go Goodreads some of these adult novels--there's nothing I hate more than picking up the second or third in a series without the first.
  Happy reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. I got to go to Chapters (basically the Canadian equivalent of B&N) last weekend because they were having a Buy 3 get one Free sale. That was pretty awesome. I ended up buying twelve new books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Kathy:
    That's awesome! What titles did you get?
    Compared to how books are originally priced, most all sales are worth checking out. I love when I can get a whole bunch of books for a little bit of money. We have a few used book stores around my town, and you can get paperbacks for a dollar. (Hardbacks are 1.50) Either way, you can get some great books for a little bit of money!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...