Thursday, September 29, 2011

Booking Through Thursday (6)

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Deb that anyone can participate in! Click the image to be directed to the page.

This week's question asks:
"1. What do you think of reading aloud/being read to? Does it bring back memories of your childhood? Your children’s childhood?
2. Does this affect the way you feel about audio books?
3. Do you now have times when you read aloud or are read to?"

What a question! (Or three). No, I do not like being read anything, nor do I like audio books. I, for some reason, just can't grasp everything if it's being read to me. I remember when we use to listen to audio books in my middle school English class. Every night after class, I would have to reread the print version of the novel in order to remember anything. (In case you're wondering what book it was it was The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau.)
  Sure, being read to is okay as a kid, but to be honest, I don't remember being read to much. I was reading chapter books at a very young age (think Matilda. You know that movie? Yeah, that girl was me. Well, minus the cool powers) so there wasn't any reason to be read to.

  How about you?

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I remember those audio books at school. I would have rather been reading the book than listening to it. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/09/booking-through-thursday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not into the audio books myself.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/booking-through-thursday_29.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...