Friday, September 2, 2011

Follow Friday! (2)


Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee.com and AlisonCanRead.com. It is a weekly meme where bloggers meet and follow one another! The rules are up at Parajunkee and Alison Can Read (linked above) and you can join, too!

This week's question is:
"If you could change the ending of any book (or series), which book would you choose? Why and to what?"

WARNING: This post contains spoilers to the Chicagoland Vampires series by Chloe Neill!!

If I could change the ending of any book, it'd probably be the ending of Hard Bitten by Chloe Neill. The ending was just...so vexing. Neill decided to kill off one of the main characters--one of my favorite characters! Now that his character is dead, I seriously don't know what's going to make me want to read the next books. I mean, sure, I want to know what's going to happen...but I just can't see this ending well.
  When any author kills off a main character, it's always annoying. But, more annoying is making them come back as shades or ghosts. They're dead, and in being ghosts, they just...complicate everything. So, I really hope Chloe Neill doesn't bring the character back as a ghost. He needs to be real or dead. (That's kind of harsh, but it's true!)

Your thoughts?

10 comments:

  1. Hey, new follower hopping through! This is the second post I've seen about the Chicagoland Vampires series, and I'm intrigued to check it out now!

    Literary Exploration: Follow Friday [2]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling! It's hard to want to continue reading when someone you like is gone. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't actually read this series, but good post. I'm a new follower. :)

    Happy Friday!

    Shaunna
    Scarlet Letters

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this series but, have seen others say the same thing!

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm a new follower. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog, great post:D

    Old follower:D

    My Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the follow:) I'm following back. I haven't read this series yet but it's on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I skipped the spoiler! =) I haven't read this book and someone recommend it. I'm curious though!

    New follower,
    April
    My Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm, I've never read that series, though I do agree with what you said about shades/ghosts. I disagree with the part about main characters--that I think depends on the context :D.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...