Monday, September 5, 2011

It's Monday! What are you reading? (4)



What Are You Reading? Is a weekly post hosted by Sheila over at Book Journey (click the image to be taken to her page) where blogger's share the reads they've read this past week and what they're hoping to read this week.

This past week I started school, so it looks like I read a little less than I goal for. I'm taking an anthropology course this semester that's really awesome--but, as are most classes, time consuming. I really like the class, and I'm taking it because I've passed my required testing to graduate next year (I'm a junior) and now I really don't have to worry about taking "required" classes. I'm also taking an image design class, because as some readers know, I am a former editor of a resource blog for Myspace's and Facebook's (you know those sites, where you can get premade-everything? They were really popular on Myspace, but I don't know if they are anymore--I don't have a Myspace) I was the sole Photoshopper (haha) of the blog, but, I closed it down because Myspace changed and it was harder to do things.
  In my image design class, though, we have to use this free program called GIMP (maybe you've heard of it?) but I'm having a hard time, because I keep trying to do Photoshop actions and stuff, but then can't. It's driving me crazy--but my teacher is trying to help convert me from a Photoshopper to a GIMP-er. Which probably isn't ever going to happen...
  Anyways! You're here for BOOKS not my boring high school life! Sorry, I ramble a lot ;)

This past week I read:

  1. Clockwork Angel / Cassandra Clare
  2. Soulless / Gail Carriger
  3. A Life Revealed / Suzi Katz
  4. Ghost Town / Rachel Caine
  5. Putting Makeup on Dead People / Jen Violi
Yikes! I read half of what I read last week this week! Let's hope I find some time this week to read a little more, eh?

  I hope to read this week:

  1. Sweetly / Jackson Pearce (currently reading)
  2. The Power of Six / Pittacus Lore (really can't wait to read this one! I loved I Am Number Four!)
  3. Second Grave on the Left / Darynda Jones
  4. Mad About Mia / Millie Criswell
  5. Magic on the Storm / Devon Monk
I'm putting a smaller list down, because I don't want to list books I'm not going to read. It happens--sometimes I get so many books from the library that I can't (or don't) want to read them. Reading the first chapter, or first 50 pages normally helps just about anyone decide if they'll read a book, but me, sometimes I only have to get a look at writing styles and I'm backing out of reading it.
  I didn't get to Borders last week, so here's to hoping I will this week!

  What are you reading?

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your books this week.
    My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/09/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-55.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you think of Putting Makeup on Dead People? I saw it somewhere and it looked intriguing but I didn't buy it...I prefer to use the library.

    Anne
    My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clockwork Angel has been popping up for me everywhere, I really need to add it to my list. Maybe next week! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...