Thursday, October 6, 2011

Booking Through Thursday (7)

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Deb that anyone can participate in! Click the image to be directed to the page.

This week's question:
"What’s the oddest book you’ve ever read? Did you like it? Hate it? Did it make you think?"

But, there are so many books! Argh!
I'll make this simple: the oddest book I've ever read is Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. I had to read this last year for my English lit class and I HATED it. The book isn't that big either, but (my copy) the text was so crammed together I wanted to slam my head into a wall. It made no sense at some points, and hell yes it made me think. Think why I chose that book over the other three selections.
  That sounds like I really disliked the book. I didn't, in the end. I kept telling everyone what REALLY happened, not in the movie but the book. I also didn't watch the movie (like some people I'm sure did) because I was super afraid I would mess up my own opinions when seeing the film adaptation. I wanted to watch it, but it was in black and white (the one my parents wanted to make me watch) and I loathe black and white movies.
  Thankfully, it wasn't too bad. And I got an A on the paper ;)

What about you?

3 comments:

  1. LOL, at least you got an A :)

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/10/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds odd in a scary way.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to read that book! Its on my TBR pile.

    heres my answer: http://eatupmyfreetime.wordpress.com/2011/10/06/booking-through-thursday-odd/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...