Thursday, October 13, 2011

Booking Through Thursday (8)

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Deb that anyone can participate in! Click the image to be directed to the page.

This week's question:
"If you could get a sequel for any book, what would it be?"

Oh, god. There are just SO many books that really deserve sequels. And knowing the authors, there will be sequels sometime. Like when I'm 30. (You know the authors who write a book, then release a follow-up like, years later? Bullcrap.)
  Anyways, I really love Sarah Dessen's novels. And each and every one of them is awesome, and I love how the author mentions most of the characters in her other novels...but my favorite one, Just Listen, totally should have a sequel. I'd love to know how Annabel and Owen are--how Annabel's sister's are, how Owen's family is. Just how everyone's doing! Then again, since they all end with happy-endings, maybe I don't want to know what's happening...(Well, all of Dessen's novels have happy endings aside from Someone Like You, right? Ah, that one KILLED ME!)
  I actually wrote "journals" for my sister's English class (yeah, I'm such a nerd I do a lot of her homework...willingly. What? I'm a pretty good writer when it comes to English and history!) that were about Owen's thoughts/battles during the duration of Just Listen. It was awesome, and I (I mean, uh, my sister) got an A on the paper ;)

How about you? What book(s) do you want a sequel for?

3 comments:

  1. I find it difficult to find a good sequel to a good book. A good stand alone book is my favorite. I haven't read any Sarah Dessen books yet, but after your rave review, and I love happy endings, I think I will be reading one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are satisfied with the ending, I don't think a sequel is necessary.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/booking-through-thursday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice choice :)

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/10/if-you-could-get-sequel-for-any-book.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...