Thursday, October 27, 2011

Booking Through Thursday (10)

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Deb that anyone can participate in! Click the image to be directed to the page.
This week's question asks:

"What’s the hardest/most challenging book you’ve ever read? Was it worth the effort? Did you read it by choice or was it an assignment/obligation?"

Not sure if plays are considered books, but Macbeth by William Shakespeare. I hated that book, still do. Every time I had to read it (as per assignment, mind you) I wanted to bash my head into the wall. I don't care what everyone says about Shakespeare being like, the greatest poet/writer of all time, I dislike his work immensely. The only thing worth it was the 'A' I got on the paper about the book.
  Of course, I have to read another one of his books next semester...go figure.

5 comments:

  1. O dear that must be terrible that you had to read the book for assignment. I have a niece and she really likes Shakespeare. I just wonder how can she likes the book whilst her aunt doesn't. Haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not much of a fan of Shakespeare.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/booking-through-thursday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, yes, Shakespeare can be a bit annoying.

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/10/booking-through-thursday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read Macbeth, although I desperately wanted to in school. Our classes were randomly assigned either Macbeth or Twelfth Night and mine got Twelfth Night. I was so annoyed, but then I turned out to love T.N. :)

    My BTT is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love Shakespeare, but some pieces of him are really difficult, so I understand you're situation.

    Psique @ Book Travels

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...