Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Fox Inheritance by Mary E. Pearson

The Fox Inheritance - Mary E. Pearson
Where I got my copy: Macmillan Children's InGroup

Synopsis:
  Once there were three. Three friends who loved each other—Jenna, Locke, and Kara. And after a terrible accident destroyed their bodies, their three minds were kept alive, spinning in a digital netherworld. Even in that disembodied nightmare, they were still together. At least at first. When Jenna disappeared, Locke and Kara had to go on without her. Decades passed, and then centuries.
Two-hundred-and-sixty years later, they have been released at last. Given new, perfect bodies, Locke and Kara awaken to a world they know nothing about, where everyone they once knew and loved is long dead.
Everyone except Jenna Fox.


___________________
My thoughts:
I was so excited to learn that one of my all-time favorite novels had a sequel, and I'm happy to say that it was just as shocking, exciting, and thrilling as the first one! (This tends not to happen too often these days. So I'm really glad it did for once.)
  Now, while I didn't like this novel as much as its predecessor, The Adoration of Jenna Fox, I did enjoy it! I loved that this one included more information about Locke and Kara; since I remember while reading Adoration that I really wanted to learn more about them.
  Two hundred sixty years have passed since the accident that took the lives of three best friends. But in this novel, we all know that Jenna Fox survived. What we did not know (prior to reading the description...) is that the minds of Locke and Kara still live on (or did we? Can't remember, I read Adoration a few days after it released like, two years ago). Copies of their minds were made, unbeknownst to Jenna, who thought she had destroyed them when she tossed the hubs holding their minds into a pond.
  Now, Locke and Kara are "born" again. And here's a little tidbit of info that really blew my mind: Kara isn't right. She's acting different, colder. Locke, on the other hand, seems to be okay. Well, that is if you think having your mind uploaded into a new body, 260 years after your death is okay (which, hello, FREAKY!).
  I don't want to spoil this by telling anymore, because really, it's awesome. I don't recommend reading it if you haven't read the first novel, but I guess as a stand-alone it is pretty detailed. Since it follows an entirely new character (it's in Locke's POV) you don't need a background to understand.
  The author does a fabulous job of describing things, and I hope there are more novels to come in this series! (4/5 stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...