Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays (10)


Teaser Tuesday's is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading (click the image above to be directed to her page). Anyone can participate! Here are the rules:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open it to a random page
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO REVEAL SPOILERS! (Be sure not to spoil the book for others!
  • Make sure your sentences don't reveal something important!)
  • Include the title and author to, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
Have I got a treat for you ;)
This week, by some miracle, I am reading TWO YA novels (which, normally I'm reading an adult novel...every freakin' Tuesday for like, 8 weeks!). My first teaser is from David Levithan's Every You, Every Me, and the second is from Kimberly Derting's The Pledge (which releases November 15, so ARC teaser!).
  Let's get on with it, shall we? We shall ;)
  The first quote looks weird, but the book is actually written with crossed out text. Cool, right?!

"But for a moment, it felt like finding a body.
  It felt like finding what you I needed to be found."
--page 47 of Every You, Every Me by David Levithan


And since The Pledge is an ARC, I figured I'd better tease you with something none-too-revealing ;)

"What if the rebellion continued to gain momentum, if the queen continued to feel threatened?
  How many more families would cannibalize their young?"
--page 25 (of the ARC, so it's subject to change) of The Pledge by Kimberly Derting

What have you got for me? ;D

4 comments:

  1. I love the teaser for The Pledge. And that's only on page 25? That book must be great!

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh nice teaser from The Pledge! I've been wanting to read that book :) This is the second teaser I've seen for it today!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tease from The Pledge! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every You, Every Me sounds different. And The Pledge - yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...