Thursday, November 17, 2011

Booking Through Thursday (13)

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Deb that anyone can participate in! Click the image to be directed to the page.

This week's question asks:
"Of the books you own, what’s the biggest category/genre? Is this also the category that you actually read the most?"

A:
My biggest category of the books I own is, obviously, YA. And in YA, the biggest genre is paranormal/mystery/romance (I think that's an actual category. Anyways, most the books I own are evenly distributed in those areas.) And I'm such a freak, I have them categorized by "sub-genre". The bottom shelf of one of my bookcases is dedicated to vampires/faeries, and the others according to other types of paranormal freaks. I have two whole shelves of my other bookcase dedicated to romance in both YA and adult...and then they're sorted by size...and grouped together by publisher. Yeah, I'm weird. ;D
  Actually, right now you can't see my careful organization, because I have three stacks of books on all the shelves, because I'm in need of a new bookshelf...
  Anyways, yes, YA is the biggest category I read.

What about you? :D

5 comments:

  1. I would love to arrange my books by categories, but mostly they're just alphabetical. So you can see a wide variety of genres when examining them. The older shelves (the books I've had the longest) do show a women's issues bent, and some literary fiction.

    I'm trying to broaden my horizons...but here's the story today at MY THURSDAY MEMES POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have crime fiction everywhere!!

    Here is my BTT: category post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine would be more literary in nature more than anything. Here is my answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YA books are great! I have my books organised by category too, although when I get some new bookcases they'll go back to A-Z by author.

    Thanks for stopping by Project to be Read :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I own a mixture of genres.

    here's mine:

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/booking-through-thursday_17.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...