Saturday, November 26, 2011

Switched by Amanda Hocking

Switched by Amanda Hocking
Release date: January 3, 2012
Where I got my copy: LT Early Reviewers

Synopsis:
When Wendy Everly was six-years-old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. It isn't until eleven years later that Wendy discovers her mother might have been right. With the help of Finn Holmes, Wendy finds herself in a world she never knew existed - a world both beautiful and frightening, and Wendy's not sure she wants to be a part of it.
 
____________________________
My thoughts:
I was pleasantly surprised by this novel.
  Not only is the writing shocking, but the premise of the novel is interesting enough to keep me reading. Being a tough critic, I know how important this is in a novel. If a book falls flat, or the characters annoy me, I'm done.
  But I can tell you right now that I love this book, and I look forward to reading the others.
  When Wendy Everly was a little girl (six, to be exact) her mother came at her with a knife screaming "You are not my child!" If that isn't enough to draw you in, then well, maybe you shouldn't be reading this review.
  Eleven years later, Wendy is seventeen, her crazy mama is locked up, and she finds out that she...well...she just might not be her mother's child. She isn't, but I didn't want to ruin the surprise...crap, I already did. Uh, sorry.
  The characters were original and compelling. Finn was an interesting enough guy...I wouldn't mind having him around myself (wink wink). Wendy was interesting, too, because she has to be. If she wasn't, I wouldn't be writing this, now would I?
  The only thing I did not like about this novel was well, some of the characters that Wendy meets later on in the novel. But it's okay! Because Wendy hates them too! So, well, we're good.
  Liked the premise, loved the characters, loved the detailed writing even more. Cannot wait to read the other two in this awesome series, and I look forward to reading more by Amanda Hocking! 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...