Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays (14)


Teaser Tuesday's is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading (click the image above to be directed to her page). Anyone can participate! Here are the rules:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open it to a random page
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO REVEAL SPOILERS! (Be sure not to spoil the book for others!
  • Make sure your sentences don't reveal something important!)
  • Include the title and author to, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
This week's teaser comes from a new YA book, which is set in 1880 and written somewhat like a diary. Very interesting!

"This time the dripping sound of blood, thick down her body and falling from her fingertips, came with an omen. Her forearms were turned out to reveal careful knife wounds. the name "Barbara" was carved into her dead, gray-white right forearm."
--page 107 of Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber

7 comments:

  1. Yikes. I love the cover. The teaser sounds a little dark for me. http://paulita-ponderings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creepy! I've been curious about this one; it sounds right up my alley!

    Thanks for stopping by my Teaser. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to read this for a while. What a beautiful cover!! Great teaser!

    I found your blog through another TT, I'm now a new follower!!

    http://www.bookmarkyourthoughts.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday-november-15th.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is so pretty, good teaser here's mine:
    http://wondrousreadings.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that was a creepy teaser. Very evocative and clear pic. Not that it was exactly like it or anything (not like it at all), but I just got finished reading Anna Dressed in Blood and I think I'm having a flashback ;)
    Hope you have a great one,
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Awesome teaser!! I'm definitely going to have to pick this one up!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...