Sunday, November 20, 2011

This Week in Books (15)

This past week went a little slow for me. How about you?
  Good news is this week we only have two days of school before Thanksgiving break. Even better news...we're not having Thanksgiving dinner this year! Why, you may ask, am I happy about this?
  Well, bottom line is: I hate family dinners. I like my family and all (somewhat) but when we all get together, and my siblings bring their "flavors of the week" (their boyfriends/girlfriends) things tend to get a little out of hand. Sure, there's always great food--my mom makes awesome, well, everything. But when you get people together, who don't normally spend much time in the same room together, arguments tend to start and someone always leaves angry.
  This is why I'm happy that I won't have to see any of my family that I don't already see every day. I know, that's kind of cruel, but hey, that's just how I am! I envy the people who say that their Thanksgivings were awesome, because the family was all together. Pfft. Never seen that before!
  At least I finally got Supernatural, Season 6 to watch. I'm going to love this break, I think. ;D
  I'm supposed to go see Breaking Dawn: Pt. 1 tomorrow, so someone please tell me it's worth it. I can't imagine how abruptly it's going to end, but I'm sure I'll be a little angry about it! (Speaking of vampires, if you want a laugh, you should Youtube some clips from the 'Live Free or Twihard' episode of Supernatural. There are so many funny references to Twilight, I couldn't stop laughing!)

This week, there are three fabulous releases, so, pick a title and READ ALREADY!


  • The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler
  • Unleashed by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguié
  • Saving June by Hannah Harrington (this is the U.S. release. The Aussie version is already out.)
Happy reading! :D

(I'm off to make a Facebook, simply because I need to contact the winner of my Nightshade giveaway. Seems kind of drastic to have to make a FB when I only need to contact one person, don't you think? Too bad my sister won't contact her for me. Bleck. I'm losing the bet I made with my friend Serena that I'd never make a FB!)

1 comment:

  1. Thanksgiving dinners at my house are always disasterous too. I absolutely love my family, but its never easy. But hey, that's what they're there for. If you can't fight with them, then who can you fight with?

    I highly recommend you read Saving June first. It's one of my absolute all time favorites. Very emotional (for me at least) but such a touching story. So excited to see what you think of it.

    Enjoy all of your new books and good luck surviving Thanksgiving! (p.s. I love your 'flavor of the week' comment. Made me smile!)

    My IMM
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...