Thursday, December 1, 2011

Booking Through Thursday (14)

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Deb that anyone can participate in! Click the image to be directed to the page.

This week's question asks,
"Do you find that your mood affects the things you read? Like, if you’re in a bad mood, do you tend to indulge in reading that will support it or do you try to read things that will cheer you up? Do you pick different types of books on dreary, rainy days than you do on bright sunny ones? For that matter, does your mood color what you’re reading, so that a funny book isn’t so funny or a serious one not so deep?"

A: I really don't think so. If I'm reading a cheery, happy YA book, but I'm in a don't-look-at-me mood, I keep reading. I'm the kind of person who can't read more than two books at a time. Honestly, if I read according to mood, I'd never get anything done! I just read whatever I'm currently-reading...and hope that it can manage to calm my moods.

  How about you?

6 comments:

  1. Your answer sounds like a good one...I do tend to pick mine for my moods, but I also have a variety of books planned for the week. Then I decide which one to pick up next by how I'm feeling.

    Here's MY BTT POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answer! I only read one book at a time too, but I tend to read quite quickly so I can get away with picking by mood at least some of the time.

    My BTT post is here and I'm also holding a giveaway here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, good answer.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you! My mood doesn't affect what I am reading.

    here my answer: http://eatupmyfreetime.wordpress.com/2011/12/01/mood-reading/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could stick to just one or two books at a time. I've almost always got half a dozen going at once. It can get very confusing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never really noticed mood affecting my reading...
    Here’s my Booking Through Thursday post. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...