Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Every You, Every Me by David Levithan

Every You, Every Me by David Levithan
Where I got my copy: Random Buzzers

Synopsis:
"In this high school-set psychological tale, a tormented teen named Evan starts to discover a series of unnerving photographs—some of which feature him. Someone is stalking him . . . messing with him . . . threatening him. Worse, ever since his best friend Ariel has been gone, he's been unable to sleep, spending night after night torturing himself for his role in her absence. And as crazy as it sounds, Evan's starting to believe it's Ariel that's behind all of this, punishing him. But the more Evan starts to unravel the mystery, the more his paranoia and insomnia amplify, and the more he starts to unravel himself. Creatively told with black-and-white photos interspersed between the text so the reader can see the photos that are so unnerving to Evan, Every You, Every Me is a one-of-a-kind departure from a one-of-a-kind author."

__________________________
My thoughts:
Every You, Every Me is one of those rare books in which you can pick it up, read, and not stop reading until the book is done. Seeing as how it's a very fast-paced mystery novel, I'm honestly surprised how good it was.
  There are two interesting things about this work: One, it has photographs. Never have I read a YA (or adult, for that matter) novel in which the work contains photographs. Each and every one is just beautiful, and really makes the story worth-while.
  The other thing is how Levithan wrote the actual text. Normally, but with thoughts the main character had and "crossed" out. Don't not read the crossed out parts, or damn, you'll miss out on the entire story!
  The book follows Evan in the wake of a mystery surrounding his best friend, Airel. I'm not going to spoil that mystery because really, it had me wracking my brains for the length of the novel. That in itself is a rarity of it's own.
  Mystery, questions, worry and just about every other emotion warred within me as I read Every You, Every Me. I was left guessing, and dying for more. I can honestly say this book kept me guessing from page one until the very end. Kudos!
  This is a short review for a short novel. But one more thing: How cool is it that the title of this book is from a Placebo song? OMG, you've never heard of Placebo?! You've never heard the genius that is Brian Molko?! BLASPHEMY! Get the frick off my review and go listen to them. Seriously. Do it. Now. 4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...