Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Borrowing Abby Grace: Girl Steals Guy by Kelly Green

Borrowing Abby Grace: Girl Steals Guy by Kelly Green
Where I got my copy: Author, for review

Synopsis:
"As Abby has learned, she is now a Shadow, sent to inhabit the lives of strangers in trouble. Dropped into the life of a gorgeous senior with a heartbroken best friend, Abby is instructed to “reunite the lovers” by her cute but maddening Guardian, a 19th century ghostly teenager named Will. Now Abby must navigate high school keg parties, football games and power couples, only to discover that love and revenge are sometimes the same thing."

_____________________
My thoughts:

Well, (if you read my review of the first episode this makes sense) I've finally learned why Abby is a "Shadow"! She's pretty much chosen to inhabit someone's body and solve their problems. I like this idea, and it proves interesting reading material, but can you imagine hopping from one body to another, to deal with their messed-up lives if you wish to ever exit them?! (I think not. I would be like, catatonic if I had to solve other people's problems!)
  Anyways, this time, Abby wakes up, memory intact, in the body of Michelle--a gorgeous teenager whose best friend is in an uproar about her boyfriend being with another girl. Abby's mission this time? Reunite the lost lovers, or she'll be trapped in the body of Michelle--forever.
  Then again, Michelle's life has it's perks: she's gorgeous, for starters, and guys want to be with her, while girls envy her. Her little siblings are adorable, and she has a seemingly perfect boyfriend who is just great at kissing (but not so great at being...well, a decent boyfriend)...But would anyone want to be stuck in a body that isn't yours? Living a life that doesn't belong to you? Outwardly showing emotions that you don't feel?
  Then there's Will, her guardian, her 'spirit guide'. I liked his character more this time around, too! He's so funny and snarky, and I love how he was wearing a cheerleading outfit nearly the entire episode (wanna know what I'm talking about? Read and find out!).
  Either way, I liked this episode a little more than the last! It had some surprising twists that I didn't see too clearly, and I loved how it ended! Looking forward to reading the next one! 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...