Sunday, May 6, 2012

This Week in Books (38)

Welcome, people, to this week's edition of This Week in Books!
  Ahh, new releases. And it seems we have some totally AWESOME books releasing this week. I hope you all have time to take away from your busy lives (with school or whatevs) to do something we all love: read!
  Sometimes, my parents tell me that I read too much. (Does anyone tell you that?)
  And then I say, "You're supposed to encourage your children to read. Not discourage!" and they feel all ashamed and buy me a new book. Ahh...guilt. It's so wonderful. ;)
  Too bad that doesn't work with teachers. When I give the excuse that I was reading a real book rather than doing my homework, they think I'm lying.  As if I'd lie about reading. Who would? Most people my age think reading is for nerds. Pffftt.
  As Mark Twain said, "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read."
  True that.

Anyways, this week the releases are:


2 comments:

  1. oh Struck and Hemlock are on my wishlist! You can see my books and news on The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read The Summer my Life Began and Beauty!

    Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...