Sunday, June 3, 2012

This Week in Books (41)

Hello, fellow readers!
  Tomorrow marks the final week of school for this Ohioan, and I've been running around (mentally, of course) like a chicken with its head cut off. Thankfully, I don't have to take my English exam, or my psychology exam. And my business teacher knows what's up, since I've taken five of his classes and not a once have I ever taken an exam (thank the lord there isn't an exam in business. I had to do a huge project that consisted of a three-part business plan, and my fingers were bleeding along with my brain as I tried thinking up a plan for a business I have no intention of starting.) And on that note, can I just say I'm so proud of myself for keeping my grades in English/psychology an 'A' so that I didn't have to take the exam? Too bad I've worked my ass off in science this year (I currently have a 98%, and have only done about 10 points of extra credit *gasps*), and my teach has no intention of rewarding my awesome feat with a no-exam policy.
  Aside from all that jazz, I feel I must apologize for my AWOL-ness these past weeks. I'm seriously burnin' the midnight oil on my exams, but I'm hoping this summer will bring new habits like increased reading (I can hear my eyes pleading, "No! Have mercy!" and booksellers going "Hell yeah! More sales!" and my favorite librarians going, "God dammit. This biotch is running us ragged!") and the dawning of renewed meme's. (Dawning? Dammit. I told myself to lay off the vampire-romances. I just can't stop getting them. And dystopians...WHICH I FREAKIN' HATE!).

As you probably can tell, I'm a little stressed. *Clears throat* I think I shall take a cue from my sister and stfu. (Julie: "Sierra?" Me: "What?" Julie: "Shut the hell up." Me: "Urmm...yes? I don't know what to say to that." Julie: *Rolls eyes* "You're rambling. Me: *Indignant* "I don't ramble! I tell it like it is. I speak the truth. I don't talk to fill awkward silences, I normally laugh, but I do NOT ramble! You ramble! Just the other day, you were talking about your boyfriend's lame ass  mother...Who btw is totally lame, and you were all..." Julie: *With a long suffering sigh, departs, with me still going on and on (rambling, actually) about not rambling).
I am a piece of work.
But I'm a cheeky piece of work! :D

This week, the booking world kindly brings us these *looks over list/picture* (awfully unexciting, boring) releases!



  • Arise by Tara Hudson (I won't be reading this. Why is it pictured? Cuz I wrote it down last year and three is an odd number of books to picture, so yeah.)
  • A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger (OMFG. Did I lump this in with the boring title? So sorry. This author = never disappoints.)
  • Mirage by Kristi Cook (If there is a cover more boring than this, I have no hope for graphic designers. Oh, & I won't be reading this. Twilight-alike anyone?)
  • The Glimpse by Claire Merle (UK release. Dunno when this piece of awesome is coming to the U.S.)

1 comment:

  1. Mirage looks so cool! And I love the cover of The Glimpse. I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...