Sunday, July 15, 2012

This Week in Books (47)

Happy Sunday, everyone!
  Nothing new on my front here, and I see that I only have one book listed that releases this week.
  Since there is only one title, I'm adding the synopsis for y'all to read.
  Happy reading!


The Unquiet by Jeannine Garsee releases July 17, 2012  from Bloomsbury

Synopsis:
"Sixteen-year-old Rinn Jacobs has secrets: One, she’s bipolar. Two, she killed her grandmother.

After a suicide attempt, and now her parents' separation, Rinn and her mom move from California to the rural Ohio town where her mother grew up. Back on her medications and hoping to stay well, Rinn settles into her new home, undaunted by the fact that the previous owner hanged herself in Rinn's bedroom. At school, her classmates believe the school pool is haunted by Annaliese, a girl who drowned there. But when a reckless séance goes awry, and terrible things start happening to her new friends—yet not to her—Rinn is determined to find out why she can’t be "touched" by Annaliese...or if Annaliese even exists.

With the help of Nate Brenner, the hunky “farmer boy” she’s rapidly falling for, Rinn devises a dangerous plan to uncover the truth. Soon reality and fantasy meld into one, till Rinn finds it nearly impossible to tell the difference. When a malevolent force threatens the lives of everyone she cares about--not to mention her own--she can't help wondering: who should she really be afraid of?

Annaliese? Or herself?"



______________
So weird! I live in Ohio, and my sister, Julie says that our closet (now her closet, since we no longer share a room) was haunted by a ghost named Annaliese. And it may be true--there are lots of weird happenings in her room. Just last week five little chopsticks that she had sticking in a collector Hello Kitty teacup somehow managed to "jump" from the corner of the room to the center of the room, at 2 a.m. And also, one day as I was reading (I can see my sister's door across the hall when my door is open, so we're not more than three feet away from each other) I heard her closet door open, so I went to go say 'hi' to her. She was sleeping, but the closet door was open and some of her stuff was on the ground. Weird, right?!
  And I swear when I shared a room with her, just as I was falling asleep one night, something grasped my ankle that was sticking out of my bed covers.
  When we first switched rooms, Julie had headphones in one night when she was online, and all of a sudden, when she turned off the music, she claims someone screamed in her ear! Another time, when she was sleeping, my sister's old clock-radio, which wasn't plugged in (the time is operated on batteries that haven't been changed since she bought it in 2001, while the radio only comes on when plugged in) started screaming music at 2 a.m (same time as when the chopsticks "flew" across the room).
  I know one thing. Either my sister and I are crazy, or some dead chick is haunting my house. Freeeakkkky!

Happy reading (and haunting!) :D

1 comment:

  1. You received an amazing book this week. It sounds awesome!

    I hope you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...