Sunday, July 22, 2012

This Week in Books (48)

Hi, guys!
Again, this week there is only one title releasing. But unlike most weeks, when people comment saying "you got some awesome titles" inferring that I actually HAVE these books, when this is all about what releases, not what books I get, I actually DID get this book! Or, I will. Wednesday of this past week it was shipped out, but I have yet to get it.
  I'm also waiting on my Ambuzzador kit through Random Buzzers. I was supposed to get it a few weeks ago, but alas, it never came! My mail-man is a suspected dyslexic, because he keeps giving my house all the wrong mail. And I know for a fact that if a box of books was delivered to someone's house, with a publisher's return-address, they're gunna open that box!
  Now, I have to contact my local post office (which is closed today, and employs very snarky bald dudes with tattoos who try making jokes to me but don't realize I really don't laugh much--this is true. The guy who waited on me Thursday when I had to ship five books out was like "I can only take two of these" *awkward pause on my end. Then he said, "I'm kidding!" Then he asked if I had anything illegal in the envelopes, and I just stared at him until he said, "Say no!" and laughed. I didn't. He actually looked like that dude from that weird show, Melissa and Joey on ABC-Family, now that I think about it...) and if they don't happen to have my box of books hostage, I have to send my sister's address as an alternate-address, so that hopefully my books come to me!
 
  Okay, sorry. I intended this post not to be ramble-ful, but hey, I got carried away.
  This week brings us:


Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard from HarperTeen (July 24)

Synopsis:
"The year is 1876, and there’s something strange and deadly loose in Philadelphia…

Eleanor Fitt has a lot to worry about. Her brother has gone missing, her family has fallen on hard times, and her mother is determined to marry her off to any rich young man who walks by. But this is nothing compared to what she’s just read in the newspaper—

The Dead are rising in Philadelphia.

And then, in a frightening attack, a zombie delivers a letter to Eleanor…from her brother.

Whoever is controlling the Dead army has taken her brother as well. If Eleanor is going to find him, she’ll have to venture into the lab of the notorious Spirit-Hunters, who protect the city from supernatural forces. But as Eleanor spends more time with the Spirit-Hunters, including their maddeningly stubborn yet handsome inventor, Daniel, the situation becomes dire. And now, not only is her reputation on the line, but her very life may hang in the balance."

Happy reading, everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...