Sunday, August 26, 2012

This Week in Books (53)

Hello fellow nerds!
  Unfortunately for me, school starts tomorrow. DRATS! I have a bunch of lame-o classes, and I'm not taking a normal English class! I know, some of you are going "Lucky!" and others, like me, maybe, are going "Da fuck? WHAT?!"
  I selected to take American Literature this year. Last year I did British Literature, and I figured, 'wellll that was so fun, why not?'
  But the fates had other plans.
  My English (brit lit) teacher recommended me for (da da da...) Creative Writing!
  Now, I dunno how this happened. This class is being instigated for this year only (or it's the first year of it, and if it rocks then it will be added to the curriculum). I'm sitting here, unable to get any info on it, and I gotta say. I'm a little freaked!
  Do I have to write every DAMN DAY? AH! I dunno if I can take that!
  I'm taking, also, two science classes (I'm a nerd, I know). One is my required Chemistry and the other is my elected elective (haha) Computer Science. At least I have the same tech teacher as last year. She knew what she was doing (too bad I'm a Photoshop guru and I had to take a GIMP-using class. Lameeee!).

  But, it would appear that the fates, while being total bitches, have given me (and you) some of the best gifts publishing has to offer.
The following books release between today (August 26) and next Sunday (September 2).
 
 


(Note: I totally did not intend all those blue covers to be side-by-side.)




    DO YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN? ENSHADOWED IS FINALLY COMING OUT, SPARK IS COMING OUT, AND I THINK I WILL DIE IF I DON'T GET DEFIANCE LIKE, NOW FORETOLD CONTAINS A RICHELLE MEAD ROSE & DIMITRI STORY, SO I NEED TO GET THAT REAL QUICK-LIKE!!!
Yelling is over, pinkie swear.
  So, good luck if y'all are returning to school this week, and don't feel too panicked. The publishing gods, after all, have given us some BEAUTIFUL titles to wind down with.
  Now leave me alone. I've waited two weeks to start Sarah Maas's Throne of Glass, and I'm fully prepared to hole up in my reading nook for the rest of the day.
  Happy Sunday and reading, everyone! :D

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I just came across your site and it is really lovely! I happily followed you and will enjoy reading your updates. You can find me over at Rainy Day Reads, www.rainydayreads.com It would be great if you could stop by and I would love to have a fellow book lover as a new follower.
    Christine x
    Rainy Day Reads
    www.rainydayreads.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...